A desire path (also known as a desire line, social trail, goat track or bootleg trail) is a path developed by erosion caused by footfall or by bicycle. The path usually represents the shortest or most easily navigated route between an origin and destination. The width and amount of erosion of the line represents the amount of demand.
Get off their sidewalks and stomp out some desire lines for yourself.
San Vicente Boulevard in Los Angeles is a desire path…then Spanish found it and turned it into a ranch trail…then LA paved it over to confound newcomers with it’s diagonal swath through the city’s grid.
- jamesatkinson likes this
- mundaneepiphanies likes this
- thedahliaparadox likes this
- thoughtpeach likes this
- chinkeykeekai reblogged this from davidseger
- studiosixty likes this
- everydayjonhill likes this
- caseydonahue likes this
- flavioaquino likes this
- multifarious-coterie likes this
- okorogariist reblogged this from davidseger
- okorogariist likes this
- kevinmosley likes this
- samhumphries reblogged this from davidseger and added:
- pasky likes this
- caffeinatedashley likes this
- mikekarnell likes this
- davidseger posted this